- Up to 2x SDI-in & 2x HDMI-in
- 4x stereo audio
- 2, 4 or 8 x 3g/4g Modems
- Wifi client and hotspot
- Adaptive bitrate & resolution
- Smartphone app
- Logo & GFX overlays
- 4-wire talkback and IFB
Sending over KA satellite is important when there is no 3G/4G coverage. However, most customers would prefer to save costs by starting with bonded 3G/4G cellular networks and then to be able to add the stability of KA-SAT when needed.
Heimdall is the perfect companion for our Direkt link rack encoder.
KA-sat in “Best Effort” mode (up to 6Mbits) does not need any booking but also does not offer a guaranteed bitrate or quality. Also, KA uses high frequency, so it’s more sensitive in bad weather than other satellite contribution technologies (called the “rainfade”). Intinor has developed several features to make high quality video contribution over KA more robust.
In addition we offer real time readout of the Viasat modem in the Intinor webinterface to inform the user on “how good the pointing is” and if re-pointing may be needed to optimize results of:
– db values
– Home Channel Symbol Rate, as seen in the screenshots below
Here’s some of the most important use cases:
1) KASAT only – see how we adapt to the maximum upstream capacity of the 5x levels of the HomeChannelSymbolRate (no dropping to audio only as seen with other encoders)
2) Use a single 4G connection and let 4G compensate for the KA-SAT HomeChannelSymbolRate dropping due to bad weather (red line).
3) Start with 4G and see how far you get to save cost – This is a single 4G connection and shows how KA-SAT (red line) in best effort can help compensate for dips in the 4G connection.
“Data cost – Least cost management” gives you total control over every available internet connection and helps you prioritise and save money!
CEO Roland Axelsson explains more about these solutions in the video below: