- Up to 2x SDI-in & 2x HDMI-in
- 4x stereo audio
- 2, 4 or 8 x 3g/4g Modems
- Wifi client and hotspot
- Adaptive bitrate & resolution
- Smartphone app
- Logo & GFX overlays
- 4-wire talkback and IFB
Sending over KA satellite is important when there is no 3G/4G coverage, but most customers would like to save cost by starting with bonded 3G/4G cellular networks and add the stability of KASAT when needed.
KA-sat in best effort mode (up to 6Mbits) does not need any booking but als does not offer a guaranteed bitrate or quality. Also, KA uses high frequency, so it’s more sensitive in bad weather than other satellite contribution technologies (called the “rainfade”). Intinor has developed several features to make high quality video contribution over KA more robust.
In addition we offer realtime readout of the Viasat modem in the Intinor webinterface to inform the user on “how good the pointing is” and if re-pointing may be needed to optimize results of:
– db values
– HomeChannelSymbolRate, as seen in the screenshots below
Here’s some of the most important use cases:
1) KASAT only – see how we adapt to the maximum upstream capacity of the 5x levels of the HomeChannelSymbolRate (no dropping to audio only as seen with other encoders)
2) Use a single 4G connection and let 4G compensate for the KASAT-HomeChannelSymbolRate dropping due to bad weather (red line).
3) Start with 4G and see how far you get to save cost – This is a single 4G connection and shows how KASAT (red line) in best effort can help compensate for dips in the 4G connection.
“Data cost – Least cost management” gives you total control over every available internet connection and helps you prioritise and save money!
Don’t miss the video where Intinor’s CEO, Roland Axelsson, talks more about these solutions